Another month brings another huge selection of quality articles to recommend. It’s no easy task – over the course of April, we read and promoted more articles than you could shake a stick at. Seriously – I tried shaking a stick, and it just wasn’t happening.
Since we have absorbed such an enormous volume of content over the past 30 days or so, we are able to use our monthly links mashup to present only the very best posts for your reading pleasure. If you’re looking to separate the wheat from the chaff, congratulations – you have reached content quality nirvana.
If you want the latest and greatest WordPress and blogging related articles delivered straight to your timeline, follow us on Twitter now. And whilst you’re at it, drop us a line and say hello – we love engaging with our readers!
WordPress Development & Customization
- Speed Up WordPress From 8 Seconds to 1 Second or Less – if your site is suffering from a lack of speed, this post could be right up your alley.
- How-To Translate WordPress Themes and Plugins – plugin development can be a thankless task, so if you are bilingual, why not do your bit?
- WP_List_Table – a step by step guide – time to roll up your sleeves and get acquainted with WP_List_Table – a powerful class for sorting and presenting data.
- Twenty Advanced CSS Tutorials – want to upgrade your CSS skills? Look no further.
- 10 Crazy HTML5 and JS Experiment Showcase – it is truly impressive what is now possible with just HTML5 and JS. See for yourself.
- 25 Coolest CSS3 Effects Roundup from 2012 – CSS3 is hardly lacking in possibilities either – check out this impressive roundup.
WordPress Themes & Plugins
- 7 BuddyPress WordPress Themes From 2012 – if you are a BuddyPress user, you owe it to yourself to check out these themes. They are seriously good looking.
- Create a Mobile-Friendly City Guide with WordPress and Placeling – this is very cool. Tag your location-specific blog posts and they will show up in the Placeling iPhone app.
- 80 Useful (Free) jQuery Plugins to Enrich Your Site’s User Experience – I challenge you to not find something of value here.
- The top 20 mobile apps for web designers – this is an awesome selection – I use many of the apps myself.
- Building Websites with a Priority for Mobile – producing a truly mobile site requires foresight and a specific mindset.
- 3 steps to a successful mobile website – we all know that producing responsive or mobile-specific designs is getting more and more important. This article offers solid advice on the planning process.
- The Myth of Mobile Content Marketing – Genesis is going responsive and fully mobile. Mmm…pretty.
- Buzz in the Blogosphere: Millions More Bloggers and Blog Readers – we all love blogging, and the love keeps on growing…
- 9 Ways to Increase Visibility for Your Best Blog Content – some extremely solid advice on the fundamentals of blog post promotion here.
- The Power of Stories for Enhanced User Experience – stories are an extremely effective tool when it comes to blogging. Find out what you need to know here.
- 10 Reasons Business Blogging is Better than Facebook [Infographic] – if all of your eggs are in the Facebook basket, you should take a long hard look at this.
- 8 Creative Ways to Use Embeddable Tweets – bring the Twitter party to your blog with these various methods.
And Finally, a Bit of Fun…
- The Geocities-izer – “Make Any Webpage Look Like It Was Made By A 13 Year-Old In 1996″. Is it wrong that this makes me feel a little nostalgic?