If you are a regular reader of our humble blog, you will know that we try very hard to bring something fresh to the table. There is no point in producing a blog that simply rehashes the same old content found elsewhere.
You might be wondering what this has to do with a links mashup post – after all, isn’t that in fact rehashing content, and don’t plenty of other blogs do it too?
Well, we have found that most link mashup posts are produced on a weekly basis. We’ve decided to switch to monthly, because that allows us to recommend only the very best posts posts. And we also recognize that you don’t have the time to subscribe to all of the best blogs out there. So instead, we bring the best content to you!
This is a no-fluff zone folks, and for your ease of browsing, we have categorized the posts. Enjoy!
- 7 Proven Unique Ways in Reducing your WordPress Blog Bounce Rate – nobody likes a high bounce rate. This is an excellent set of tips, and most of them are really easy to implement too.
- My 17-Point Checklist For Teaching Good Writing and Blogging – when it comes to writing good content, most people could do with a checklist. This is as good as any – perhaps you should start using it today.
- 5 Commenting Platforms to Make Your Blog Less Boring – comments are the lifeblood of many a blog. Whilst the default WordPress comments system does a decent job, there are superior options available.
- 12 Things That Will Kill Your Blog Post Every Time – there are few bloggers that won’t get some value out of reading this article. This is practical advice folks – read it and become a better blogger.
- Anatomy of the perfect website: infographic – infographics may be a dime a dozen, but that shouldn’t detract from the fact that this is a fantastic resource for any designer.
- 43 Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid – whilst I do not necessarily agree with every single tip in this list, there is an enormous amount to take from it.
- Unique Ways to Improve WordPress Blog Loading Speed – if you have been reading our blog over the last couple of weeks, you will know that we are big on site load speed. Here are some interesting tips that we did not cover in our recent posts.
Marketing & Promotion
- 10 Innovative Ecommerce Sites – some of the best learning is done by analyzing the success of others. If you are into eCommerce, get ready to learn from some fantastic designs.
- 20 Landing Page Designs Get Picked Apart & Analyzed for Conversion – this is the same deal folks, but for landing pages – where the smallest tweak can make a huge difference to your conversion rate.
Search Engine Optimization
- Monitor Which Social Networks Your Visitors are Logged Into With Google Analytics – it’s time to figure out where your readers like to hang out online.
- SEO Every Single Image on Your WordPress Site without Lifting a Finger – image optimization is a huge part of SEO, so don’t neglect it.
- How to Dig Deeper into Your Web Analytics – most of us have a lot to learn when it comes to analytics. Discover the difference between conversion rates and take rates, and it what it means for your site.
- 3 Cool Pinterest Widget Plugins for WordPress – Pinterest is all the rage at the moment, so why not take advantage of that fact?
- How To: Integrate Facebook with WordPress – Plugins & Advice – all Facebook pages switch to the new timeline design today, so this is as good a time as any to better integrate Facebook with your blog.
- How to Customize your Facebook Fan Box – the fan box looks fine as standard, but you may wish to have it blend in with the design of your blog. Find out how here.
- How To Say Thank You For Your Favorite WordPress Plugins (and Why You Should) – whilst this isn’t strictly development related, it is a must-read for any free plugin users.
- How To: Promote Your WordPress Plugin & Get More Downloads – just like you have to promote your blog once you have created epic content, you need to promote your plugins. Find out how here.
- 15 Tutorials To Help You Build WordPress Themes – why not build your own theme? If you are interested in doing so, this post is a great place to start.