Welcome to the first installment of a brand new feature on the ManageWP blog!
Every Friday we will be linking to the very best content that we have read in the previous seven days. You will only find the cream of the crop here – no fluff.
Let’s not waste your time on introductions though – it’s time to start reading! For your ease of browsing we have sorted the posts into four categories.
Bloggers should always be working to improve their craft. Take direction from these great posts.
- 17 Copy-And-Paste Blog Post Templates – seeking blog post inspiration? Look no further than these 17 templates!
- The proper way of reading blogs – a distraction-free method of reading blogs that you have probably not thought of.
- How to Create Resource Pages for Your Blog – most blogs should utilize resource pages. Learn how to here.
- Blogging Trumps Traditional Advertising in ROI Head-to-Head – confirming something that a lot of us already know – blogging is quickly becoming one of the most effective means of advertising.
- The evolution of a blogger – what stage are you at in the evolution of a blogger?
- Romancing Your Blog – this week’s list wouldn’t be complete without a reference to Valentine’s Day, would it?
- Creating a Corporate Blog People Want to Read – knocking down the stumbling blocks that many corporate bloggers encounter.
We all love WordPress. Here are some tips and tricks on how to make the most of our favorite content management system.
- WordPress permalinks FAQ : Your Guide to choosing the right Permalink Structure – all WordPress bloggers should have a good understanding of permalinks. Find out what you need to know here.
- 7 Free Twitter Bootstrap Themes for WordPress – Bootstrap is all the rage at the moment. Check out how you can integrate it with your WordPress blog here.
- How to Install WordPress Locally on Your Computer in Four Easy Steps – having a local version of WordPress can be handy (or even vital) for any blogger.
- Integrating Google Gadgets Into WordPress Themes – extend the capabilities of your WordPress blog with Google Gadgets.
- Control Where Widgets Are Displayed With Widget Logic Visual – a more user-friendly update to the fantastic Widget Logic plugin.
- Determining Which Plugins Are Slowing Your Site Down – speed up your WordPress blog by finding out which plugins are slowing it down.
The latest news and views on your favorite WordPress site management tool.
- ManageWP Is Now Managing Over 100,000 WordPress Sites! – the week wouldn’t be complete without mention of ManageWP passing this huge milestone.
- The Best WordPress Plugins You’ll Ever Need – guess who made the list?
The Best of the Rest
For those articles that we loved, but don’t fit into one of the above categories.
- Optimizing Images to Reduce Load Times – it may not be a glamorous topic, but quick load times are vital to the success of any site.
- How to tell if your site should be concentrating on search or social – social signals are becoming more and more important. Find out what you should be focusing on to achieve good rankings here.
- Prove It: What Makes You Trust a Website? – trust is an underestimated factor when it comes to user experience.
- Usability Rules for Content Sites – simple fundamentals that you can apply to your site now.
- 4 Ways to Improve Ecommerce Conversions with Better Landing Pages – even small tweaks to landing pages can make a huge difference.
- How to Set Up an Email Account that Uses Your Domain Name – a simple solution to a common requirement.
What Was Your Favorite?
Did you read a great article this week that you think is worthy of sharing with the ManageWP readers? Let us know in the comments section!
Creative Commons photo courtesy of Orbmiser