Regardless if you’re a small startup or a large corporation, your website is often the first reflection customers have of your business. And with thousands of WordPress themes available, deciding which one to choose can be overwhelming for sure. That’s why we’re making this article to help you ease the burden of choosing just the right WordPress theme.
5 reasons you need a business website
In today’s digital age, having a business website is crucial for several reasons, to name a few:
1. Increased Online Visibility:
With more and more consumers turning to the internet to search for products and services (more than 8.5 billion each day!), having a business website increases your online visibility and helps reach a wider audience. Without a website, you’re missing out on potential customers who are searching online for businesses like yours.
2. Professional Brand Image:
A website can help to establish your business as professional and credible, providing a platform to showcase your products or services and build trust with potential customers. A well-designed website (preferably in WordPress) can also communicate your brand messaging and differentiate your business from competitors.
3. Improved Customer Engagement:
A website improves customer engagement by providing a way for customers to contact you, leave feedback or reviews, and learn more about your business. This can help to build relationships with customers as well as loyalty over time.
4. Increased Sales:
A website drive sales by providing a platform for customers to make purchases online, which can be especially important in today’s increasingly digital marketplace. For example, an e-commerce website allows customers to make purchases 24/7, even when the physical location is closed. Talk about serving all the time for the people that matters to you and benefiting from it!
5. Competitive Advantage:
Finally, having a business website provides a competitive advantage, especially in industries where many competitors don’t have a strong online presence. By having a website, you can differentiate your business and stand out from competitors who rely solely on offline marketing and sales channels.
Why does your business website need to be on WordPress?
WordPress helps in building and maintaining a strong online presence. Overall, as a business, you need a site that does work for you, not the other way around. And WordPress provides just that. The simplicity of use, efficiency, and attractive design are just some of the benefits of using WordPress as a platform for your business site. Furthermore, there are more than 10,600 free WordPress Themes and 60,481 free Plugins to choose from to make your business website as unique as it gets! Not to mention that help is all around for any and every time you get stuck – thanks to the worldwide community that makes WordPress what it is. A reliable content management system that powers more than 43% of websites all around the world.
How to Choose the Best WordPress Theme for Your Business Website
Given the fact there are so many themes to choose from (and those are just the free ones!), how do you cherry-pick and choose the one that fits your needs? Well, it all starts with good old planning:
- Define your goals for the business websites,
- Include must-have information,
- Add on website needs,
- Tie it up with your branding,
- Deliver a website that answers your customer’s needs.
Easy, right? 😊 It can be, if you follow said steps and implement our tips.
Side note: it’s 2023. 92.3% of internet users access the internet using a mobile phone. Responsive design is a must for any and every website. Make sure the WordPress theme for your business website is responsive, compatible with necessary plugins, accessible and has all the updates and mandatory support. The latter is crucial if you want to be safe from any WordPress vulnerability.
Define your goals
Before choosing a WordPress theme, it’s important to determine your website’s goals. What kind of website are you building? What features and functionality does it require? What’s your budget? Answering these questions helps you to narrow down your goals and find a theme that suits your specific needs.
Do you have all the important information laid out in a way that is easily accessible, understandable, and relevant for your customers? How about all your services/product information, contact details, testimonials, and reviews? Think carefully about what you say and how you say it and make sure to have a solid content strategy in place that will benefit you and your clients/customers.
Determine your website needs
As stated above, your site needs to be responsive. On top of that, clear navigation and fast load times are as well a must. Clear and intuitive navigation makes it easy for visitors to find what they’re looking for. A well-organized website with a clear hierarchy of pages and sections improves user experience and helps visitors quickly and easily locate the information they need. Making sure your site is loading quickly enables visitors to stay longer and not be frustrated by waiting to obtain important information.
Consider your brand identity
Make sure your site reflects your brand identity, so choose a theme that aligns with your brand. Look for themes that have customizable color schemes and fonts, as well as options for customizing your website’s header and footer. This will allow you to create a website that has the look and feel of your brand.
What’s in it for them
Always, and I can’t stress this enough, always have your clients/customers in mind, even when choosing the right WordPress theme. Is it accessible and easy to navigate, do you provide relevant information correctly, do you provide more: features, options, freebies..? Make sure you choose a theme that supports not only your goals but your customer’s needs as well.
Which WordPress theme is best for a business website?
A million-dollar question, for sure 😊 And, while we can’t give an answer for you, we can offer our thoughts and insights. Some of the most popular business WordPress themes on the market are:
1. Astra – a lightweight and highly customizable theme ideal for any type of business website. It comes with pre-built templates for different niches and is compatible with popular page builders like Elementor and Beaver Builder.
2. Divi – a multipurpose theme and a drag-and-drop page builder with a variety of pre-built templates. It’s popular for its ease of use and flexibility, making it a great choice for beginners and experienced users alike.
3. Avada – a best-selling WordPress theme on the ThemeForest marketplace. Avada offers a wide range of features, including a built-in page builder, pre-built templates, and a powerful options panel for customizing your website’s design and functionality.
4. GeneratePress – a lightweight and fast theme that’s ideal for building fast-loading, SEO-friendly websites. It has a range of customization options and is compatible with popular page builders like Elementor and Beaver Builder.
While these themes are popular for a good reason, choosing a less-known theme can have its advantages. Here are some pros and cons to consider:
Pros of choosing a less-known theme:
1. Unique design – A less-known theme is less likely to be used by other websites, which means your website can have a unique design.
2. Lower cost – Many less-known themes are free or available at a lower cost than premium themes, which can be a budget-friendly option.
3. Flexibility – Less-known themes may offer more flexibility in terms of customization options, allowing you to create a website that’s truly unique.
Cons of choosing a less-known theme:
1. Limited support – Less-known themes may have limited support options or smaller support communities, which can make it more challenging to troubleshoot issues.
2. Security risks – Less-known themes may have security vulnerabilities that aren’t as well-known or widely documented as those of popular themes.
3. Fewer features – Less-known themes may offer fewer features or integrations than popular themes, which can limit your website’s functionality.
Ultimately, the best WordPress theme for your business website will depend on your specific needs, budget, and goals. And no matter which theme you choose, make sure you do proper research and choose a theme that aligns with your brand, business goals, and website needs. Hopefully, by following these tips, you’ll choose a WordPress theme that not only looks great but also provides the functionality you need to establish and grow your business online.