One of the greatest things about WordPress is that there is always something new to learn.
It doesn’t matter if you have never seen the WordPress Dashboard in your life, or if you have been using it since its b2/cafelog days – you will never know everything there is to know about WordPress.
That fact is something I have become more and more aware of. Despite the fact that I write about WordPress for a living, there is still an enormous amount that I don’t know. I can’t possibly focus on every single facet of WordPress, so I have the areas in which I am most comfortable (such as content creation and its associated topics), and other areas in which I would consider myself no more than a beginner (such as theme development).
With that in mind, I thought this would be a great opportunity to go back through the archives of all of the 350+ posts I have written relating to WordPress, and pick out my top 50. I had just one rule – each post must be specifically and directly related to WordPress. For ease of use I have broken down the posts into categories. Enjoy!
WordPress for Beginners
- WordPress.com vs. Self-Hosted WordPress
- 31 Steps to Mastering WordPress
- A Step by Step Guide to Setting Up Your WordPress Blog
- 10 Handy WordPress Features You May Not Know About [Part I / Part II]
- 20 Free WordPress Plugins that Every User Should Have
- 9 Features that Should Come Standard in WordPress (and How to Get Them) [Part I / Part II]
- How to Create and Manage User Profiles
- 7 New Post/Page Features You May Not Even Know About
- Everything You Need to Know About Producing Content in WordPress
- Everything You Need to Know About the WordPress Visual Editor
- Everything You Need to Know About the WordPress HTML Editor
- Everything You Need to Know About the Media Uploader
- A Beginner’s Introduction To Multisite
- Improve Your Blogging Productivity with the Distraction Free Editor
- The Best Editorial Calendar Plugin for WordPress
- Everything You Need to Know About WordPress Tags
- Everything You Need to Know About Related Posts
- 5 Plugins to Make The Most of Comments in WordPress
- Boost Engagement and Conversions on Your Blog with 1 of 3 WordPress Plugins
- Headline Split Testing for WordPress
- How to Embed Text Within Your Posts With a Show/Hide Link
- How to Increase Functionality AND Speed Up Your WordPress Site
- How Many WordPress Plugins Should You Have Installed on Your Site?
- How to Remove Unwanted Items from the WordPress Admin Sidebar
- How To Speed Up Your WordPress Blog
- How to Get an Enhanced Text Widget
- The 1 WordPress Table Plugin You Need
- How To Increase The Maximum Media Upload File Size
- How To Store Multiple Autosaves
- How to Hide Trackbacks But Keep Notifications
- Improve WordPress Usability with Floating Admin Menu
Increasing Your Efficiency
- How to Insert Reusable Content Anywhere On Your Site
- How to Easily Implement Custom CSS Styles on Your WordPress Blog
- How to Remove Unwanted Divs with Two Quick Keystrokes
- How to Get Better Internal Link Search
- Making Coding Easier with Advanced Code Editor
- How to Keep WordPress Code Snippets Organized
- WordPress Shortcodes: 3 Essential Tips
- 10 Awesome Shortcodes For Your WordPress Blog
- How to Test CSS Formatting in Real Time
- How To Create And Execute Your Own PHP Run Code Snippets Across All Your Sites
- How to Contribute to WordPress (from Someone Who Knows)
- How to Increase Your Plugin’s Download Rate on WordPress.org
- How to Grab WordPress.org Plugin Information for Your Site
- WordPress Plugin Developers – Showcase Your Wares!
- Making The Most Of The WordPress.org Website
- Dominate Twitter With These 5 WordPress Plugins
- Simple Social Sharing Stats for WordPress
- The Best Social Media Sidebar Widget for WordPress
- The Best Social Sharing Plugin for WordPress
What Do YOU Have to Offer?
That’s it folks! Fifty of the best tips, guides and tutorials I have for you relating to WordPress.
The beauty with WordPress of course is that there is always something new to learn – with new themes and plugins being released on a daily basis, and big updates coming around every few months, the advancement of our favorite Content Management System never ends.
With that in mind, tell us – what is your favorite WordPress tip? It doesn’t matter if it is a simple one-liner, a plugin, an advanced tutorial, or something else entirely – let us know in the comments section below!
Excellent collection. Finally I found What I am searching for. Thank you so much for writing this useful tutorial.
Greate article.Your website is excellent, and I liked very much to read your tips wonderful all tips and easy way to used and helpful me .You doing is good worked.I will share your tutorial, My friends and I know all friend liked your tutorial.Thank you for excellent tutorial sharing with online.
This is a nice list…I’d like to see security broke into its own category and then plugins like Wordfence listed out. I think it’s that important if you are going to be running WordPress as your main site.
Also maybe break out themes into a category and list out some of the membership sites you can join for multiple themes. Great work!
Wow, this is a big list of tips to go throught. I like the fact that you have already sorted it out. Thanks, this will be useful.
Amazing detailed post, a gem for any WordPress beginner.
Would love to know your thoughts on a new WordPress plugin which makes localization/translation much easier than what’s out there. The plugin is called Bablic Localization, you can just enter your URL on bablic dot com to see how it works.
Would love to know your thoughts and maybe write up since after all Bablic is the next generation of WordPress translator plugins!
Nice Share , very helpful list
Thank you for your sharing. it’s really helpful for my next project
very true man!! even I am using one of these but was not aware of all of these..
thanks mate for sharing such a useful compilation.
good Tips , Thank you for sharing
Really awesome compilation of Help ful articles related to WordPress at one place.
kudos to you tom
very nice publish, i definitely love this web site, keep on it
Your article is really helpful, thanks for writing. I am looking forward to read more articles in future. Keep writing!!! cheers.
Thanks Hemant! Glad you enjoyed it 🙂
Thank you for sharing
No problem Tsioudas!
Thanks for this resource! You may want to link to some of my guides in your optimization section:
Installing Varnish for Caching
Using W3TC as a Caching Plugin
Using a CDN to speed Delivery of Static Files & Theme Files
Great Resource here, gives more than the average beginner will need. You are so right about always something new to learn when it comes to WordPress but it is such a fantastic platform that a newbie can get up and running with their site in no time.
Thanks again for the share:-)
wow this is a lot of lists mate…
some good links, I use this as a cheat sheet when moving clients wordpress websites to a new host http://squirrelhosting.co.uk/hosting-blog/hosting-blog-info.php?id=15
California insurance broker
Thanks for sharing! This is literally the first website I found with tons of useful info that doesn’t just go right over my head. I’m slowly trying to apply each useful feature to my insurance website.
Thanks you for share. Many tips improve my polish fashion website bulid on WordPress.
Very informative and important tutorial for the WordPress user. Thanks for sharing.
Thx for info..its great post..
Berita Gresik dan jawa Timur
Thx for info..very usefull for my next project
Could you please write in detail about the various SEO optimization techniques ? Also mention one article about wordpress security….Thanks for the interesting post
thu thuat wordpress
thanks you for share .i like link 43
Excellent resource! Will take some time to peruse all of these.
Like Rhys said above some of the links aren’t working such as:
Rhys | WP Email Capture
Nice list, but a few of the links aren’t working.
It’s easy to figure them out, but just thought you know 🙂
Thanks for the heads-up Rhys – creating that many links was a hard slog, I must have lost my focus at some point 😉
They should all be working now.
Thars really great list for theme devlopers to give their customers a source to start with while giving Support. I should provide your post on our support forum.
Hey it would be great to make your site responsive for tablet users.
Glad you like it! As for responsive design, don’t look at me, I’m just a humble writer 😉